the bubbles have melted . <body> <body>

What's the world coming to?
Sunday, June 24, 2007


Hey.. Holidays are ending.. Ha?

Well, I haven't exactly done all my homework.. And I'm really guilty.. I mean hey, it's my responsibility to make sure everything is completed right?

Now I'm shirking it by not doing my assignments and handing them on time. Great. Do you think I can miraculously complete all of 'em in a swift move? Nah, I don't think so.

Anyway, I juz' read a newspaper article in TODAY this morning. It's about slavery - Slavery in the modern world, the modern society. I seriously don't understand why it still exists.

Why are some people so heartless, so corrupted, so cruel? Put youself in their shoes. Do you want to be beaten or abused by others who are superior to you? Imagine someone doing what you've done to the others to you. Some of 'em are only kids. Why do they deserve this kind of treatment?

I feel really bad not doing anything about it. Here I am, sitting in front of my computer, while they have to ground their teeth, bearing the pain and torture while working till they collapse.

There's even a boy who has to disguise as a girl and acts like a prostitute to earn money for his so-called employer.

Ha. Employer? Shameless. He doesn't even have the right to be called as an employer. He's totally inhumane. In what way does he behave like a human?

Or maybe not. He's juz' another selfish human who can't resist the temptation of money. The seven deadly sins. Greed. What's the world coming to?

I'm truly disgusted at what the world has become. Why did our ancestors work so hard for? To create humans who are self-centered and blinded by wealth and greed? I'm sure they would be utterly disappointed if they would ever see this.

Fine, sometimes humans need to find ways to earn a living for themselves. But aren't there other ways? Must they resort to this? Are their conscience clear? I doubt so.

Aren't humans supposed to have emotions? Can't they imagine their pain? Or at least spare a thought for 'em? Do you know juz' a smile could brighten up someone's day or even give 'em hope that someone actually cares for 'em?

I went for my tuition in the afternoon. On my way down in the lift, I met an old lady on a wheelchair with a lady in her thirties/forties and a maid.

The middle-aged lady seemed to be unconcerned about the old woman. When we reached the ground floor, I held the lift door for 'em and the old lady actually thanked me, with a smile on her wrinkled face.

I couldn't help but smile back.

Didn't the newspaper once reported that Singaporeans don't say thank-you when somebody holds the lift door for them? I don't know...Is it us or...?

I'm still skeptical... (it's a bit confusin' here, isn't it?)

Labels: , ,


#o4_inhershadows } 'xiaoqii-
6/24/2007 08:42:00 PM

Y Y Y



[p]rofile ♥
YOUR ONE AND ONLY;;Y ZHIQI
thirTEEN ; o2o494


|♀ LA FEMME ♀|

#] my friendster ; here
#] my email ; zhiqi0402@gmail.com
#] my msn ; zhiqi_972@hotmail.com
#] skype ; zq0402

#] horoscope ; ari3s
#] country ; s'pore
#] schools ; bpps, nhps, nygh
#] cca ; guzheng - nygz

|♥ ADORES ♥|
#| freedom, peace, tranquility, solitude, raindrops (nature), etc.
#| my messy room :P, computer, pocket pc, handphone, television, soft toys, trophies & pillow!
#| [colours] blue(shades of blue), black, white, dark purple & other dark colours
#| [interests] interior designs, fashion designs, music, psychology & technology
#| [hobbies] surfing the net, playing mmorpgs, listening to music, watching tv & movies, reading horror/mystery stories & fanfics, sleeping
#| [beverages] cappuccino, mocha, latte, lemon tea, green tea, pure & low-fat milk, coke, 7-up, pepsi, etc.
#| [food] spinach, kang kong, mei cai, satay, laksa, chicken rice, hor fun, french fries, curry chicken, onion rings, etc.
#| [subjects] math, chinese & french! <33
#| [artists/bands] backstreet boys, black eyed peas, daniel powter, david tao, eminem, fall out boy, fool's garden, fort minor, green day, hoobastank, ina, jason mraz, jay chou, jj lin, maroon 5, rascal flatts, savage garden, shawty lloyd, simple plan, slipknot, soul, zhiyang
#| [countries] singapore (my homeland!), australia, france, japan, united kingdom, america

|♪ WISHES ♪|
be daring in pursuing what you want... (:

↨ dreams ↨
- goals & targets?

#" to be a fashion designer o.O
#" to be an interior designer o.O
#" to be a psychologist o.O
#" to be a social worker/volunteer o.O

↨ basic needs ↨
- i can't live without 'em...

#" family
#" freedom
#" privacy
#" friends
#" love, care & concern from ya! (:
#" people whom i can trust and their trust (:
#" a good rest :(
#" laughter & tears?
#" air, water, food & shelter :P

↨ material possesions ↨
- unnecessary wants (:

#" tablet pc
#" new laptop!
#" new handphone
#" new camera for the family!
#" music player
#" 37" lcd tv in the house
#" new sling bag (cool and unique!)
#" new spectacles

Y Y Y


[j]ukebox ♥



Y Y Y


[s]hout it! ♥


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix


Y Y Y


[a]rchives ♥

May 21
May 28
June 04
August 27
September 03
September 10
September 17
September 24
November 12
February 25
April 08
April 15
April 22
April 29
May 13
June 03
June 10
June 24
July 15
August 19
September 16
February 22


Y Y Y


[c]redits ♥

Works: Carolynn
Design: Carolynn
Image: HER & funeralmonster
Tagboard: ShoutMix
Password Script: Rob Heslop
JavaScript Code: Development Resource & JavaScript Public Archive Center

Y Y Y